Confluence restrictions

James Woodham August 28, 2014

I am a space administrator in Confluence but cannot edit restrictions on a page. The padlock icon just brings up a window which is gives info on who can view and who can edit but no opportunity to edit. Also there is no Space Admin option in the Browse > menu. I was able to do all these things previousy.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hi James,

Members of confluence-administrators group should be able to modify Space permission. So if you are a member of the group, you can grant yourself space admin privilege, or you can ask a member of the group to do it for you.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

If you have database access you can make yourself to become a member of confluence-administrators by following this guide.

Take note of the step three to INSERT your user to cwd_membership table. You can find your user id using this SQL query

SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE user_name = '<your username>';

You also need to find confluence-administrators group id using this SQL query

SELECT * FROM cwd_group WHERE group_name = 'confluence-administrators';

Once you got both ID, you should be able to implement the query provided from the page linked above.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

James Woodham September 1, 2014

Thanks Septa but the link to that guide didn't work, please can you check and send again?

James

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2014

It should work now. Sorry bout that.

Steve Letch July 29, 2021

@Septa Cahyadiputra 

Afternoon, database question, we've a need to ad an AD group with view rights to all restricted pages in our instance. We've been looking at this for months, Groovy script wont work due to the bug in addcontentpermission, the built in scripts in Scriptrunner have severe limitations and API looks like a nightmare.

Would you know of a DB command to try on our test instance to see if we could get this to work? I know it's not recommended but if we had a working query we could shut the instance down on a weekend to carry it out.

0 votes

I think I am no longer a space administrator now becuase the links referred to in this thread don't appear for me. If there is only one space adminstrator and they have left, how can we create a new space administrator?

Thanks for your help

0 votes

Thanks for your answers. I have a feeling that the space administator rights have been transferred to a colleague who has since left the organisation and so we can't edit these permissions. Is there a super user who can access and edit these page restrictions?

Thanks

0 votes
Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

James,

If you are space administrator, go to Space Tools and there are pages with restrictions, where you can delete restriction.

Or try become System Admin and then you can watch restricted pages, set restrictions, but still you cant edit it (but you can add yourself to restrictions) :)

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Hi James,

If you have space administrator privilege you should be able to access this page where you can manage all page restrictions in a space.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2014

Hi James,

If you haven't done so, you need to grant you permission to restrict a page (even being the space administrator). :)

Please let me know if this helps you. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events