Confluence replication

Hello,

We have two separate office networks and I want to make Confluence available on both Location. It will be a master slave configuration where data will be updated in one instance and the replicated instance will be kind read only.

I was wondering if it is possible by setting up replication for Mysql and copying the data directory?

I have gone through couple of answers in this forum and some articles where do they mention having backup (confluence XML backup) etc but those looks like more for disaster recovery where we want to restore. But in my case I want to have both running at the same time.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Accepted answer

Chandank,

If you have two seperate office networks how are you going to replicate data between the two instances?

Our cluster offering is not a High Availability solution and does not have this data mirroring.

Why are you trying to set up a master slave configuration rather than just having the same instance available to both offices? How are the networks walled off from one another? Can you open whatever firewall you have for communication from an IP range from the remote office?

Basically two are separate networkd. The main intention is that, in case due to some network outage the master wiki become unavailable, people on other network should at least have something which will be the slave wiki.

As far as replication is concerned we can setup firewall/port forward to get it work across both networks.

This can not be done with only one license. Both servers will need an active license configured or you may think about a cluster license. Ask sales@atlassian.com

I understand it will need two licenses. This is not a cluster this like having a copy of Confluence running. My question was is it possible to do like this?

Another way would be inserting a developer license but i think this is against license policies cause they are for non productive use only
A cluster will be exactly what you describe. I'd suggest you check on confluence cluster on your case

I would suggest you to use cluster instance if you would like the data to be consistent on two servers. However if the network is good, you could just use one server on host it on only one location for easier adminsitration. You could get more information regarding cluster here.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Clustering+Overview

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,031 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you