Confluence problem after Oracle19c upgrade?

Torsten Fassian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2020

Hi,

I have upgraded the database of  Jira and Confluence to Oracle 19c today.

Jira has no problems.

But Confluence (6.15.6) gives the following errors in the log:

2020-03-23 15:45:58,793 ERROR [Caesium-1-4] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: CONFLUENCE_IMPORT. Message: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

Caused by: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
        at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:275)

Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Access to DialectResolutionInfo cannot be null when 'hibernate.dialect' not set
        at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.dialect.internal.DialectFactoryImpl.determineDialect(DialectFactoryImpl.java:100)

However Confluence seems to work from an enduser point of view. But I suspect there is something in the background not quite working the way it should.

I found something about this dialect problem here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Experience-in-using-Confluence-with-Oracle-19c/qaq-p/1228836
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57715024/hibernate-dialect-for-oracle-19

But I was not able to solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Torsten

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hi @Torsten Fassian ,

Oracle 19c doesn't seem to be supported for Confluence 6.15.x

Supported Platforms 

Torsten Fassian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2020

Thank you Edwin.

So I'll have a look at the upgrade procedure for Confluence.

Thanks,

Torsten

Like Edwin Kyalangalilwa likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events