Confluence plugin that displays different theme / appearance depending on the user group?

Adrian Reid April 3, 2016

I would like to be able to skin a Confluence space so that different user groups see a different skin. So for example when Company A logs into a space they see a skin with their own company colours and logo and then when Company B logs into the same space they see the same content but with their own company colours etc.

I think I can do this with a stylesheet but I also was wondering if there was a plugin for it? I l know Brikit and RefinedWiki make themes for Confluence. Can they also display different themes depending on the user?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

I think the only add-on that supports theming by user group is Adaptavist's Themebuilder, and even that is just about hiding or showing elements of the theme by group (i.e. it's the same theme, but parts of it behave differently for different groups of users)

I would definitely look again at Brikit and RefinedWiki to see if they can do it, it's been a while since I used them.

But I think you've got one theme per space basically, even if you can make every element different by group.

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Yea your only bet here is ThemeBuilder or writing your own custom theme. We do something similar to what he is asking but we created our own theme and check group permission before displaying certain elements. ThemeBuilder allows you to do this also so if you dont want to build your own then that will be your best bet. He can try out the free trial of the plugin and see if it works for him. RefineWiki and Brikit don't have this kind of customization. The other one I am not 100% sure about is Enterprise theme by Bitvoodoo but if I remember correctly they also don't have this kind of customization he is looking for.

Adrian Reid April 4, 2016

Thanks Alex and Nic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events