Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence pages created with new editor are not displaying images to non-licensed users

Ariana R. March 2, 2020

I have a service desk and confluence space linked that allows the permission setting below:

Any active user can view this space

Any active user can view pages in this space, including users who don't have a Confluence license. This was enabled through Jira Service Desk so people can view knowledge articles when raising a help request.

But, when non-licensed users view the pages on the confluence space they are unable to view any images attached to a page, and are presented with indefinitely loading images. This only happens using the new editor. As a workaround, I have been copying a template page in the old editor and creating any pages that contain images using the old editor so that non licensed users can view the images. 

Is suspect the cause of this issue is that the new editor does not allow images to be directly attached to a single page, but rather to the confluence instance/space. Whereas the old editor allows image to be attached directly to the page and appear under that page directory as an attachment. Since non-licensed users only have access to this particular knowledge base space via our service desk, they are unable to view files/images not located on the site. 

Has this issue already been reported? Is there anyway to resolve the issue and use the new editor? If not, is there a more effective method to roll back to the old editor?

1 answer

0 votes
Krzysztof Kot April 27, 2020

We have just noticed the same behaviour with the exact scenario described above. On pages created in the new editor, non-licensed users cannot see any images that are attached to the page within the page itself. What's odd is that they can actually go to the attachments of the page and open the images themselves without any issues whatsoever.

Ariana R. July 20, 2020

Hi @Krzysztof Kot I have been tracking and this issue was resolved by Atlassian last month! See: CONFCLOUD-69522 

Like Krzysztof Kot likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events