Confluence page won't load when editing the Overview page

Elior Odinak January 30, 2019

I keep getting this error for the Overview page when I try to edit it for a Space I created.

"It's taking longer than usual to load this page. Give it a few moments, then try reloading. If it still doesn't load, speak to your Confluence admin."

I am a Confluence admin and permissions have not changed. Any other page in that Space is not an issue to edit. For the Overview page, I can't even view restrictions, let alone edit.

Any one have any suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Elior,

Is there any particular macro you're using on this page? It might be causing the issue, in that case you'd have to disable the module that controls the macro, edit the page, remove the macros, and then re-enable the module. From there you would be able to add the macros back.

Another suggestion would be to try and copy the page and see if you're able to do that. Then you could replace the old page with the copy.

Regards,

Shannon

Elior Odinak February 1, 2019

So it looks like it was just an issue that day. The next day when I went to edit, it worked. No macros on that page, only spreadsheets.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Elior,

Thank you for confirming. If you run into the issue again, please don't hesitate to reach out or raise a ticket with the Cloud support team so they can have a look at your logs.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events