Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence page updates to be reflected in the linked JIRA ticket

Balaji Vijayakumar October 24, 2019

Hi There 

In my team we are using JIRA as a management tracking tool integrated to GitHub and confluence.

1. The user story is created for tracking purposes 

2. The content of the user story ie requirements and acceptance criteria are documented in confluence page 

I have linked the JIRA ticket with the confluence page and also the confluence page with the JIRA ticket.

However I am wondering how does the JIRA ticket get updates like say notification or comments to the JIRA ticket  when anyone has made changes to the confluence page ?! 

Reason for the feature is the Development team tracks their work in JIRA and would be good to be informed if any changes to the requirements are made in the confluence page for tracking 

Kindly note this is not just linking the page or the ticket to each other , I am more interested to know how updates to each of the entity can be kept tracked.

Let me know if this is an existing feature that I need to educate myself about cheers 

3 answers

0 votes
Paz Grimberg March 14, 2022

Hi @Balaji Vijayakumar  ,

I believe Our C4J - Content Display for Jira app can help you

C4J enables you to view your Confluence pages inside your Jira issue view, and automatically notifies Jira users on changes made to the linked content.

C4J helps you ensure that the products are developed and launched according to the most up-to-date version of your specifications.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this :) 

BR,

Paz Grimberg

0 votes
Roman Melnychenko October 30, 2019

Hi @Balaji Vijayakumar ,

There is a possibility to synchronize Jira issue to a Confluence page using Exalate synchronization tool.

This way if the Confluence page and Jira issue are under sync every change that is made to a Confluence page will be carried out by Exalate Proxy user on the Jiras end and vice versa. 

Here is a link to Exalate home page: https://exalate.com/ . Let me know if you have any questions about this. I'd be happy to help!

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

The only way I can think to be notified of both the Jira issue updates and an updates to the linked Confluence pages, is to watch both. Then you will get notified when the Confluence page or the Jira issue is updated.

Thanks for your response. I was more interested to know if the "comments" or the "activity" section of the tickets would leave a trail of these updates happening 

Like if you link a confluence page to the JIRA ticket the ticket has a activity log staying the ticket is linked to the confluence page

Like wise when a change to the confluence page is made would like to see if this gets reflected in the JIRA tickets activity as they are linked to each other 

It's more for Development purpose so when we go back in time tracking the PR that is linked to the JIRA to know the story was implemented for the Version XX of confluence page requirements and not the latest 

Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Ok, now I get what you are trying to do. I don't think there is a way out of the box to get the functionality you are looking for. There may be an add-on out there that does this specific thing but, I am not sure. Alternatively, you may be able to write an add-on to do it using the API. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Like Balaji Vijayakumar likes this

Thanks Stephen for clarifying

Susan Becker February 15, 2021

Does this mean that if you use the "create jira issues from table" function on the confluence page, and later update a row in the table that jira is outdated? 

Also, do the links remain or disappear if the table on the confluence page is updated?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events