Confluence page created from template via JIRA automation rule does not have label applied

Toshinao Ishii May 9, 2024

Hi.

I read "Confluence page created from template via automation rule does not have label applied". Situation of this question is very similar to it. The difference is the automation is JIRA automation.

In my specific case, trigger is start of a Sprint. "type": "jira.sprint.event.trigger:started".

There is only one action in the rule which is Confluence page creatation. "type": "confluence.create.content". This action has property of a specific "template" and the "template" has some Labels.

I've confired that maually generated confluence page based on the template has the Labels. But JIRA automation generated page does not.

Is there any way to have JIRA auto-generated Confluence page with the labels configured in its page template ?

4 answers

1 vote
Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2024

I for one, love the tool: AutoPage - Display Jira data in Confluence with automation | Atlassian Marketplace

With AutoPage, you can automatically create Confluence pages from Jira issues. That means you can display Jira content on a Confluence page, which will be linked and also synchronized live. AutoPage can also be used with Jira automation. It provides webhooks you can easily add as an action.
Hope that helps!

0 votes
Toshinao Ishii May 13, 2024

Thank you for info of Apps. The intention behind this question is to auto-generate a confluence page which is associated a sprint, in other words, a page associated with multiple issues. If many (issues) to one (page) association is manageable with an App, the App will be quite attractive.

Lukas Nicolai May 15, 2024

Hey @Toshinao Ishii I am the product marketing manager here at Seibert Media for AutoPage. Thank you for considering our app! 

The app is fully integrated with Jira Automation, so you can use the trigger "jira.sprint.event.trigger:started" to pass all issues to AutoPage and automatically create a page for every issue. Afterwards, it is possible to display all pages created with the display children macro on one Confluence page.

If you want to discuss your use case a bit further we would love to jump on a call with you!

0 votes
Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2024

Hello @Toshinao Ishii

If using a third-party app is an option for you, I suggest taking a look at our application Elements Publish.

With our app you can automatically create Confluence pages from Jira issues using recipes. It integrates with Automation and workflows with post-functions but it has many more features than the native solution. Indeed, you can :

• insert any Jira issue data in the Confluence page
  • use any Confluence template you need or design the page yourself
  • automatically link the page to the issue
  • automatically copy attachments from Jira to Confluence

And in your case, you can easily insert labels from the issue into the Confluence page.

Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.

Let me know if you have any question!

Clara

Thank you. I will read and try. The first thing I want to do is auto-generate relations between artifacts. Contents are the next.

Like Clara Belin-Brosseau likes this
0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2024

Hi @Toshinao Ishii 

Take advantage of the AutoPage app from the Atlassian Marketplace, which enables dynamic display of Jira issue content within Confluence.

This app also features real-time synchronization, ensuring seamless updates

AutoPage - Display Jira data in Confluence with automation | Atlassian Marketplace

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Thank you. I will read and try.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events