Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence page can not be renamed

Johannes March 13, 2019

Hi guys,

I am having the problem that changes to page title of any confluence page are not shown after saving the page.

The following are the steps to reproduce:

First I create a new page and save it.

pagetitle1.jpg

The new page is shown as expected in the page tree.

pagetitle2.jpg

I then edit the page, change the title and save it.

pagetitle3.jpg

The page is saved successfully but the displayed name does not change.

pagetitle4.jpg

pagetitle5.jpg

If I go back to edit the page the title is the new one ("Name after change").

Page content is not affected, only the title.

This applies also to other users and other spaces.

Do you have any ideas what might cause this or how to debug it further?

Thanks a lot!

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johannes March 14, 2019

So the issue only shows up with Scroll Translations version 3.11 but not with 3.12.

The updated fixed our issues.

Cheers!

1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

I would also suggest looking at the logs to see what is show there when you go through this process. There might be warnings or infos logged that will point you in the right direction. It is bizarre behavior.

1 vote
Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

Hi @Johannes 

What has changed since this behaviour started occuring? If you are in a position to say that i.e. update of Plugins/Apps.

Do you have any additional Apps in Confluence that could potentially be affecting the naming of pages? I.e. for translations or things such as that.

have you tried replicating this behavious in another browser or is this a browser specific issue? Try replicating it in Chrome, if you experience the behaviour in Firefox and vice Versa?

Have you tried copying the page and does the problem pertain on the copied page as well?

hope these steps help in debugging a little

Merle

p.s. If I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using some sort of plugin to handle translations of content of confluence pages so this issue could be tied to that but not necessarily, that's where I would start investigating first. -> rule out that the plugin is not repsonsible for the behaviour

0 votes
Greg Willey August 17, 2022

I'm having this same problem but am not using a plug in.

0 votes
Johannes March 14, 2019

Thanks for the input!

I found the root cause. The plugin Scroll Translation causes it. As soon as I deactivate it for a space the title changes are again applied as expected.

Merle Fischer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Glad you found the reason. Seems to me like some CSS Display manipulation is going wrong here, because I do think that you at the core had successfully renamed the page it just wasn't being displayed properly :P, but I know too little of how Scroll translatiosn works technically so this is just speculation. Did you pass on that behavior to k15? In my experience they have great and quick support.

Hope this gets fixed for you soon ;)

Stefan Klaus September 25, 2019

Any news on this issue? What did k15 suggest?

Greg Willey August 17, 2022

I'm having this same problem but am not using a plug-in.

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Hi @Johannes 

It seems to me, that you don't save the page correctly and the title change is just unpublished. 

Did you exit the edit mode with which button? Update or Close?

Johannes March 13, 2019

Hi @Dominic Lagger

I have used Update:

pagetitle6.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events