Confluence page Templates for Data Center?

Robin Powell March 18, 2024

I am aware of this older post that has been marked as accepted. However, this is still an issue for us, and I can't even log a comment on the associated ticket to point out that there is still interest in seeing this issue resolved.

We would still like to be able to use at least some of the templates available for Cloud users, either by giving us a way to export/import them, or by creating and publishing Data Center-specific templates.

Thank you :)

2 answers

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2024

Hi @Robin Powell ~ when I did this, I did have to tweak the page after I imported it, but it was relatively minor and it at least gave me something to work with.

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2024

Hello @Robin Powell ~ easy workaround for this is to create your own free cloud site, download the templates you want and import them into your DC instance.  I've done this several times and it works like a charm!

Thank you, @Laurie Sciutti ! I'll give this a try. If I can come close to what I'm trying to do, I'll come back and mark this accepted. Otherwise, I'll come back and whine a lot :)

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2024

Well, it IS Monday!  Lots of whining on Mondays....but this should work for you, @Robin Powell !  😊

Mondays are my favorite day of the week! (My team calls me a troll, but I don't know what they're talking about... :P)

Question for you @Laurie Sciutti - What format do you use to export? My choices seem to be Word or PDF, and that seems weird to me.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2024

@Robin Powell ~ I export in Word format.  Then just import in Word format...

Unfortunately, that's not getting the layout (at least not the way I'm doing it) and that's the reason I came to the templates here.

What I wanted:

WhatIWanted.jpg

----------------

What I got:

WhatIGot.jpg

-----------------

I recognize that I could tweak the page and pretty much get things where I want them to go, but this is just a basic example I was trying to see how well it would work. More complex examples are worse. XML might get me closer, and I see that I can export the space (or part of it) that way, but I'm not a Confluence admin on my site, just a space admin, so importing it is difficult.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events