Confluence notifications - "Notify Watchers" default to unchecked?

Matt Russell August 15, 2013

When going through rapid and regular updates in the early stages of developing a Confluence space, I am getting ABSOLUTELY SPAMMED...

I was just wondering if there was an option for my space to make the "Notify Watchers" checkbox default to unchecked, and then make it default to checked when things are more stable...

Any ideas?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

You can use a little jQuery to make the checkbox default to unchecked:

http://www.confluenza.com/2012/05/24/9/

1 vote
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Not possible for a single space . See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28326

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

TLDR; Won't fix. Plugin developers welcome.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2013

Matt,

The comment from Sherif makes it pretty clear that this is something that Atlassian has no desire to fix.

Mr. Horn's comment below is going to be abotu the best solution you can hope for until someone writes a plugin to do what you are asking.

I'd suggest trying his remediation and if it works for you accepting his answer.

0 votes
Matt Russell August 18, 2013

Yes, getting notifications because I'm watching. But was thinking that simply configuring on/off by default for the "Notify watchers" checkbox might be a good addition.

Daniel, are you saying that this won't be developed?

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013
Are you getting these notifications because you're watching a space? We've talked about not sending page edit notifications for space watchers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events