Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence no longer responds - Debugging articles.

Matt Riley June 12, 2020

We have both Jira and Confluence hosted on our own server, in the past they had both worked fine.  Today, Confluence will no longer respond, but jira is fine. Are there some articles about how to troubleshoot this condition?

(I have done some basics like rebooting)

I have access to the logs and nothing stands out immediately.

After rebooting the log looks like this:

"2020-06-12 15:53:04,490 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.3.4 [build 8401 based on commit hash 8bdd16590a0c0fc5d34174e473e9e416406419a7] - synchrony version

3.1.0-master-022ca438

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.F

ield.modifiers

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Fri Jun 12 15:53:16 UTC 2020 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by defaul

t if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=t

rue and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community and thanks for bringing this to us.

I don't believe the message you're encountering in your Catalina.out log is directly related to Confluence not responding. According the case below, this can happen on upgrade and doesn't cause any side effects:

If you're having an issue with Confluence, it's best to check the Confluence logs instead. You can find these on your atlassian-confluence.log file. See Working with Confluence logs for more information.

Could you please have at your Confluence server log and let me know if you find any information about why Confluence isn't responding?

Please also confirm with me your Confluence version, database version, Java version, and any changes you might have made to your environment prior to this issue.

Thank you!

Shannon

Aladdin Ding July 26, 2021

confluence_1 | WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
confluence_1 | WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
confluence_1 | WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
confluence_1 | Security framework of XStream not explicitly initialized, using predefined black list on your own risk.

the same problem 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events