Confluence migration

Ayush Lawania March 28, 2024

I have migrated confluence from one instance to another, now my question is whether do we have any way to see if any new changes were made in the old confluence pages after the migration is done, how can I see those changes for all the migrated pages? Is there a way to sync those changes, for example if any changes were made to the old pages then it should appear on the new pages too.

2 answers

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

@Ayush Lawania I didn't use server very much, but is there a Recently Updated macro there? You could add this in each space to locate the pages changed after the migration, and then use the version history of each page to see the actual changes.

Personally, I'd make the people who changed the pages after the migration get the updates into the equivalent Cloud pages—they are familiar with what changes they made, and it will teach them to go to the Cloud site to make future updates.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

You want modifications in the previous instance post-migration to flow through to the new one?

I assume asking users to not use the previous instance isn't an option?

There isn't a direct native option to do this; I think it would be easiest to do with an App, such as Space Sync for Confluence, or another App from the Marketplace

Ste

Ayush Lawania March 28, 2024

Apart from sync, is there a way to know the changes made in the old instance pages after migration? @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

You can use the Recently Updated Macro like @Barbara Szczesniak suggested - but it's quite manual.

What's the need to know the changes now you've migrated? 

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events