cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Confluence logs: "[confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack."

Confluence logs: "[confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack."

Helene Lund Engebø January 6, 2016

I can see the following log entries very frequently in our confluence log:

2016-01-06 10:06:41,380 WARN [StreamsCompletionService::thread-54] [confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack.
-- url: /confluence/plugins/servlet/streams | userName: <user>

As far as I can tell it does not occur for all users on our Confluence instance, at least there are only a few usernames that appear in the latest log file.

I am unsure whether this has any effect on Confluence or usage - I haven't had any error reports from users, just trying to figure out what is going on.

Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause is?

Our Confluence instance uses the JIRA user directory.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin W_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm reposting this as an answer as I see several others have encountered it:

I ran across this same issue in a case and found that this appears to be log spam from the Scroll macro: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/VSN-3576

We would recommend trying the workaround listed at the link above from k15t:

Add new entry "com.k15t.scroll.runtime.confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext" to "Logging and Profiling" with the log level "ERROR"

Please report back and let us know whether this helps.

Thanks!

Justin

1 vote
Deleted user November 21, 2017

is there an solution for this issue?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Ricardo,

I found a couple of support tickets where the error, "No request found. Need request to store the context stack." was reported. Each instance had a different URL in the log as the URL that was being accessed. There were no cases with a clear explanation of the error and no cases with recent versions of Confluence. Plugins seemed to be the suspected culprits in the cases I reviewed.

If the URL in your error messages is similar to what was first posted in this thread, "/confluence/plugins/servlet/streams",  then a good first step would be to clear the Confluence plugins cache as described in How to clear Confluence plugins cache

In the meantime, to help me narrow down the issue, please let me know:

• What version of Confluence are you seeing the error in?
  • What database type is Confluence using, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL?
  • An example of the complete error message (please redact anything confidential) 
  • What user-installed plugins are installed?
  • Are there any performance or functionality issues associated with the errors?
  • Do you see the error in both Production and Test/Staging environments?

I look forward to hearing more about the issue. If clearing the plugin cache fixes it please post back to this thread so people who search for the error can find the solution in the future.

Thanks,

Ann

Deleted user November 29, 2017

Hi Ann,

thank you for the reply.

Clear the Plugins cache unfortanly don't work. The Warn message still appear. Here an example.

2017-11-29 10:00:40,886 WARN [StreamsCompletionService::thread-29280] [confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack. -- url: /plugins/servlet/streams | referer: https://##############/plugins/servlet/gadgets/ifr?container=atlassian&mid=2841145769984&country=DE&lang=de&view=default&view-params=%7B%22writable%22%3A%22false%22%7D&st=atlassian%3ARO6dWLFKwEDad6UwFmRCP577OQdZA7%2BsiD1VkLC7HTop3DJ6RbCIcsyD1IJ25cBx54BhTVhs0fEzmb2sr%2FMHGqPkBzryTfykwwddrqod3sqTFdWDD7Wh7bDrpl5W%2FmO8VXrrI8bRGaTusq8RIkgVQwcoMvIXKkp8tnTGvy12G2PAB6I872dJufcpvKwDYMlfm2x7lpZtn1fTW3J%2BO%2BGUzSmJntYRyHmorh9MEsfJsL%2FT1AwPJmRfO48hBedBxwRsrTmsdK%2BzH4T%2Bm6a%2FdlLhkeGqtSZNNEirn1zr70uEUDGuFG2pOe%2Buh7E9%2BL%2BipJtdGwDZjPLKBlB2uVqgfXvGDJSAtBEet7YfzJ9uKyTZsBo2ANlI&up_isConfigured=true&up_isReallyConfigured=false&up_title=Aktivit%C3%A4tsstrom&up_titleRequired=true&up_numofentries=10&up_refresh=false&up_maxProviderLabelCharacters=50&up_rules=&up_renderingContext=&up_keys=&up_itemKeys=&up_username=&url=https%3A%2F%2F#########%2Frest%2Fgadgets%2F1.0%2Fg%2Fcom.atlassian.streams.confluence%3Aactivitystream-gadget%2Fgadgets%2Fconf-activitystream-gadget.xml&libs=auth-refresh | traceId: e5c99eaa6c440aa7 | userName: ########

######## = URL or Username

• Confluence version 6.3.3
  • We are using an Oracle Database
  • We using RefinedTheme, Scroll, Enterprise News Bundle, Comala Workflows and more but from the message it seems that the activitystream of confluence have this issue
  • I don't think that the performance are affected but in 5 minutes of work about 100 warn message as above appear
  • No we only have the warn message in the production enviroment

Thanks and regards

Ricardo

Justin W_
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2018

Hi Ricardo,

I ran across this same issue in a case today and found that this appears to be log spam from the Scroll macro: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/VSN-3576

I would recommend trying the workaround listed at the link above from k15t:

Add new entry "com.k15t.scroll.runtime.confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext" to "Logging and Profiling" with the log level "ERROR"

Please report back and let us know whether this helps.

Thanks!

Justin

0 votes
Manuel Bähnisch August 13, 2018

Hi everyone,

I also get the same error in my Confluence 6.1.4 instance and stumbled across the reason why by chance. I'm able to reproduce it. I get the follwoing WARN message in Confluence

WARN [StreamsCompletionService::thread-46] [confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack.
-- url: /plugins/servlet/streams | ... | userName: xxx

if in my Jira 7.4.2 instance an activity gadget is added to my dashboard. In that gadget you must tick the Confluence stream out of the Available streams list (which is default). Then JIRA loads the Confluence Activity as well which then causes the error and actually leaves 6 WARN messages everytime you refresh the gadget.

Manuel Bähnisch August 14, 2018

Hi everyone,

I solved my problems with these errors. I encountered another situation where a very similar error message would appear. When ever I loaded a page containing a Page Properties Report I got a very similar error trying to connect to 

-- url: /rest/masterdetail/1.0/detailssummary/lines

Even more weird was, that this error occured for users that were on holidays an thus definately not logged in. At first I thought the particular user programmed a REST-call to retrieve information from one of our pages but soon found out that there must have been a thread being stuck calling the same page over and over again. Causing about 60 error messages per hour. 

It came down to, that the Page Properties Report was causing basically one error message per element of the report. I found this ticket regarding on of our K15T add-ons: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/VSN-3576 and thought I should give it a shot to update to the newest version. 

And that actually solved both of the problems at once (so far). Initial requests don't reproduce the error anymore so I'm hoping it solved it once an for all.

Hope that helps in your cases as well. Would be interested if that applies to your instances too.

0 votes
James Brown July 24, 2018

I just experienced this issue while adding the JIRA Agile Wallboard gadget to a Confluence page.

Confluence v6.9.0

JIRA v7.9.2#79002-sha1:3bb15b6

WARN [StreamsCompletionService::thread-205] [confluence.content.transform.ContentTransformationContext] getStack No request found. Need request to store the context stack.
-- url: /confluence/plugins/servlet/streams

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

We use Crowd instead of JIRA user directory and our log is full of these entries. We this since the update to Confluence 5.8.

Anyone has a solution for that?

0 votes
WPSC March 18, 2016

We also see the same error and don't know what it relates to or what effect it has.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events