It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence - localhost:8090

Charlie of Atlassian Nov 14, 2015

Hi everyone!

I am trying to access confluence on localhost:8090 and chrome is returning this error message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I've already installed JIRA on localhost:8080 and is working fine!

Can someone help me?

4 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group] Community Leader Nov 14, 2015

Probably you do not have the port open? I would start by checking the firewall settings.

0 votes
Charlie of Atlassian Nov 14, 2015

I opened on the firewall.

0 votes

Hi,

It's possible that you have a context path. You can confirm that on the server.xml file from your Install-Directory/conf folder.

If you do have context path configured, you should probably access Confluence through localhost:8090/confluence.

Regards,
LM 

Gabriel Henton Sep 28, 2017

I have the same problem and this gives me the same error message.

Gabriele Albani Nov 13, 2017

Me too.

I had changed the value of the attribute in the path Context element to /confluence , in the file server.xml, but I have the same problem.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Nov 13, 2017

The context is a red-herring if you're getting "connection refused".  You should get a blank screen if Confluence is running.

Connection refused means the firewall or proxy is refusing to talk to you.  If you have no proxy, it's your firewall settings.

Gabriele Albani Nov 13, 2017

Nothing of these...photo_2017-11-13_21-03-28.jpgphoto_2017-11-13_21-03-55.jpgphoto_2017-11-13_21-04-02.jpg

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Nov 13, 2017

I'm afraid that tells me nothing about your firewall, if that's what you're trying to show me.  Plus it could be a firewall in the network, not the server.

Tanuj Khandelwal Oct 16, 2018

I cant believe none of the threads have a solution and the developer is not responding. In my case the local firewall is off. So now what dump the product and move on to something else?

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 16, 2018

What "developer"?  And the threads do have the solution - enable access through the firewall.

0 votes
Zhang YiPei Oct 18, 2018

Do you get the answer of this question, i have this problem,too. 

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Oct 18, 2018

It looks like they probably found the firewall and opened the right ports.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

947 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you