Confluence license key not accepted (10-user license)

Stefan Tenberg January 4, 2021

Hello community,

we installed a confluence server one year ago and licensed it with a 10-user-license. The license expired some weeks ago, so we bought a "new" 10-user-license. We simply wanted to enter the newly generated license key in the license management dashboard of our confluence server, but we can't. We always run into a "license key not valid" error message. We tried direct C&P, copy to an editor and paste back into the dashboard.

Server-ID and/or SEN number can be provided if necessary. I just don't want to post them here open to the public.

What can we do? I already raised a support case but the support agent told me that 10-user-licenses only get community support. So please don't advice me to raise a ticket. ;-) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Stefan Tenberg

Hmm.. Yes that is true that 10 users license get community support for technical issues but I think for licensing problems that you are having the best way is to use this form - https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing - There you can paste the SEN number and describe your issue without sharing it with the public.

If this would not help please let me know and I would try to reach to someone directly that could assist here a little bit more than support engineer that you interacted with. 

Stefan Tenberg January 5, 2021

Hi @Mirek ,

thanks for your reply. Well...that was exactly what I did. I also included the SEN number and thought, that a license problem is better suited in an official support case than in a community forum. 

So I'd be very happy if you could assist and try to reach out to a appropriate person.

Kind regards,

Stefan  

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Sure, are you able to provide the ticket number that you created for reference? 

Stefan Tenberg January 6, 2021

No problem: CA-1216191

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hello @Stefan Tenberg

Sorry to hear you are facing some problems updating your Confluence license.

By the description of your problem, I believe you might be facing one of the scenarios described below:

1 - Unable to update license key in Confluence with the error message "The license you entered was not valid" 

2 - Cannot register Confluence due to 'License you Entered was not Valid' error 

3 - The License You Entered Was Not Valid 

Can you please take a look at the links above and check if you might be falling under one of those issues?

Additionally, once you troubleshoot the scenarios above, try to change your Confluence license directly in confluence.cfg.xml and check if that works for you.

Let us know the results you got from the steps above.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Stefan Tenberg January 7, 2021

Hello @Petter Gonçalves , @Mirek 

thanks again for your support and your suggestions. After digging deeper into this, we found out that error messages have flooded a log file which therefore grew up to 19gb. This has led to a full partition. 

We deleted the log and after that the key was accepted. We are now looking into the error messages, which are https/http-related stuff. We'll get that solved on our own.

Thanks again for your support!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events