Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence just hangs on blank page

Kirsten Achtelstetter June 15, 2015

Hi, 

I've downloaded a trial version of Confluence Server (5.8.4-x64) and installed it on a Windows 7 Pro box (SP1).

Going through the wizard works fine and it tells me I've successfully installed Confluence. I then click to open it in a browser and it connects to "http://localhost:8090/setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action;jsessionid=FB2AC0FCE5E7BD813C894B6F88B52C1D"

But that's where it ends. It just stays on a blank page and doesn't seem to do anything.

I've looked at the logs and under C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\logs the last log that is written to (catalina.20015-06-15) contains the following warning followed by a severe error:

15-Jun-2015 11:30:38.477 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
15-Jun-2015 11:32:53.418 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-3] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom Exception Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=500, location=/500page.jsp]
 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /500page.jsp at line 120

Any thoughts on how to fix this??

2 answers

0 votes

Turns out we didn't have a Tomcat server running, so I install one as well as installing JDK and setting the %CATALINA_HOME% and %JAVA_HOME% variables to their appropriate install directories. It's now running! Phew.

Renato Alexandre October 15, 2015

Kirsten, Could you provide the correct path for both os these variables in your environment please?? I'm facing the same problem....Cant figure out where is the error atm.. Thank you!

0 votes

There is another error in the atlassian-confluece.log which is this:

[atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher] sendError Could not execute action
 -- url: /setup/setupembeddeddb-default.action | userName: anonymous
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecognised setup type: initial

Any thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events