Confluence: is there any way that a "page properties report" macro will change current version?

mpazz February 24, 2016

I would like (for approval) that the macro "page properties report" will affect the page version.

3 answers

0 votes
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

I'm still not quite sure what you're looking to do. A macro is just a set of parameters and a piece of code that can return dynamic content to the page based on those parameters. The page containing the macro will only get a new revision if you edit it and change the macro parameters.

If you want a summary page that you are never going to edit, then that page's revision date is always going to stay the same—end of story. I'm saying that if you want to tell your users when a change occurred on some other page or set of pages, you could do that with some text and a macro inside the content of that summary page.

0 votes
mpazz February 24, 2016

I could build a list of pages by tag and adding the modification date as you said... But If I do a Macro will I finish in the same problem (not updating tha page containing the macro)??

thanks @Nick Reilingh

0 votes
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

You mean you want the page containing the report macro to show a change when any of the data reported by the macro changes? This is not possible. The report page doesn't contain any of the property content, so there is nothing to show as changing on the page.

You might try finding a way to display the latest modification date for the property pages somewhere on the report page next to your macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events