Confluence is slow and unusable in Chrome and Edge

Ifti Chowdhury November 9, 2020

I've been trying to do some documentation in Confluence. IT IS SO SLOW and SO FRUSTRATING to do any work on this. Day by day, the performance of Confluence is getting worse. Just don't shower us with new features, make it usable first.

Want the steps to reproduce? Just simply open Confluence in Chrome in Windows and start writing up documents and paste links from Jira tickets. You'll be amazed to see how much Confluence suffers. If Support is looking at this post, I can share a video recording of how painful it is to work with your product. 

You'll see so many errors are popping up in the Console. Also, Confluence thinks that I'm not online and it's getting me back. I've done ping test and immediately went to another website to check my connection and it's all working fine. So frustrating that we're still using this software.

Confluence-slow.png

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

The "websocket closed" in there strongly suggests that there is a network issue.

This might be a firewall or monitoring thing, but I doubt it, my guess is that your network is simply slow - it's taking too long to exchange packets with the server.

The speed could be down to a lot of things, but my next guess would be that you are physically located a long way away from your Cloud server (For example, if you were an Australian user of a Cloud system mostly used by Europeans, your server would be in Ireland or Germany)

Ifti Chowdhury November 10, 2020

Thanks for your response Nic.

I am located in Australia. But as soon as I moved over to Firefox, the speed issue is gone.

That tells me that there is something going on either in Chromium engine itself as the same issue happened in Edge too or Confluence itself handling how it interacts with Chrome.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Interesting to know, thanks for feeding back!

May be worth reporting directly to Atlassian, as it must be down to a bug somewhere.  I'd be interested in the version of Chromium you're on and a list of apps you've got installed (in case it's something in one of them, rather than the core of Jira)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events