Confluence install failing

tomvarghese March 15, 2014

Hello,

Trying to install confluence on Ubuntu 13.04 with Postgresql 9.3.

I get this when I go to the confluence site:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.35

Poking around on the logs I see this:

root@FileServ:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs# cat catalina.out

Mar 15, 2014 3:22:41 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

Mar 15, 2014 3:22:41 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

Mar 15, 2014 3:22:41 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

INFO: Initialization processed in 576 ms

Mar 15, 2014 3:22:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start

INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Mar 15, 2014 3:22:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.35

2014-03-15 15:22:43,942 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.4.3 [build 4732 based on commit hash f543bd9a3bbc12daed85f6f5e5cba84282599932]

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error filterStart

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:39 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:39 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:39 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-5] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:39 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [__DEFAULT__] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Statistics Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Statistics Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:40 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

Mar 15, 2014 3:23:40 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 59256 ms

Exception in thread "Timer-5" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.mchange.v2.log.log4j.Log4jMLog$Log4jMLogger.isLoggable(Log4jMLog.java:257)

at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$CullTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1934)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

-- The end ---

I created a 'confluence' database initially, started the setup wizard and it failed. So I googled it and found somebody suggesting dropping the database and trying it again. Now I get this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

4 answers

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

How did you manage to solve the problem? I got the same issue.

0 votes
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2014

Hi Thomas,

I would like to reccomend you to verify your database connection parameters specially your credentials on <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml.

I would also recommend you to make sure that your <CONFLUENCE-HOME> directory has write permission.

If your problem perissts please check for Cause in your Atlassian-Confluence.log file and send it here.

Cheers,

Saleh

0 votes
tomvarghese March 15, 2014

Hi Saleh,

All I see is this:

Exception in thread "Timer-5" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.mchange.v2.log.log4j.Log4jMLog$Log4jMLogger.isLoggable(Log4jMLog.java:257)

at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$CullTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1934)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

0 votes
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2014

Hi Thomas,

Would you please take a look at your atlassian-confluence.log file from <confluence-home>\logs\ file for any errors in stacktrace?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Cheers,

Saleh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events