Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence insert template to page

Graeme Mitchell November 10, 2015

We have recently purchased confluence and I'm exploring some advanced possibilities.  We have a scenario where we have a collection of macros / objects which I would like to group together into a user macro (or possibly a template).  I would then like to be able to use the "Insert > User macro" functionality to import that collection of grouped objects.  That collection of grouped objects might be a table with instruction templates in it, code blocks, check boxes, text, and any other amount of controls.  This would become a re-usable collection of objects that we re-use across pages giving a template for input.  I guess the way to think about it would be to be able to insert a template into page.  We might insert multiple templates into the page, and the same one multiple times.

2 answers

0 votes
Norman Mähler January 27, 2017

Is there a solution to your question, @Graeme Mitchell? I am looking for exact the same thing...

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

You can define a Global or Space template. This allows you to add a collection of content and macros onto a page. Then you can use the Create from Template macro on another page to generate these templated pages.

Graeme Mitchell November 11, 2015

Thanks for the reply! I'm already familiar with this functionality and this is not quite what I'm after. "Create From Template" will create a brand new page based on a pre-defined template. What I want to do is to create a brand new page, either based on an existing template or blank page, then insert different pre-defined content into that new page. I may insert pre-defined content "A", then pre-defined content "B" on page 1 for example. On another page I create, I may insert pre-defined content "A" and pre-defined content "C". I may also insert 2 or 3 instances of content "C" on that page. You can think of this pre-defined content to be like small templates that a user can insert to a page as many times as they wish, just like a table control in confluence, then populate that collection of objects with information. I've looked into user macros, but they don't quite work for me because when you're creating the page and insert the macro you can only see the macro icon. I want the object that is generated by the macro itself so that the user can start populating that object while they create the page, just as you would if you were to insert a table object for example.

Like Tyler Ivory likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events