Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - how do you automatically populate $documentOwner variable for custom template?

Kristin Lavigne August 5, 2015

Using Confluence.  The Product Requirements template automatically populates the $documentOwner field.  Is there a way to do this for a variable in the custom template?  Looking to capture the creator of the page in the Page Properties macro. Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2017

That is currently not possible but there is a feature request to allow for access to common variables for use in templates through the template editor.

I would recommend that you watch and vote for the feature.  You will then recieve updates about this request and know when it has been compelted. 

Thanks
Brant

1 vote
Deleted user December 15, 2015

I also would like to know how to use these variables in custom templates and if there is a list somewhere for all available ones.

0 votes
Franz Kreitmeier October 22, 2015

Me too, started the same approach in just copy and paste but this is not working.

0 votes
Ryan Sepiol August 14, 2015

Also looking for an answer on this. Simply copying from another template doesn't work. Looking for the user selection available on Product Requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events