Confluence had problems starting up

Jasper Coetzee June 13, 2021

Hi, i got this message after starting up my server and trying to log in to confluence. 
The short I'm not to worried getting it up and running again if i can get the data in to the cloud version, But the backups i have of the local server will not import into the cloud space, it just sits there at 0%

So either we try and get the local server up and running again and i do a cloud migration or we see whats up with the backup to cloud import.

My backup is less than 5mb in size.

I tried a few suggestions i found on the web, but I'm not sure what the h2 DB is all about and why one needs to change to another DB.

Can't connect to your H2 database. This may be because your H2 directory is read-only, or you are attempting to upgrade and the H2 version Confluence uses cannot be upgraded directly. If you are attempting to upgrade you will need to migrate your data manually. Learn how to migrate your data
2021-06-13 09:30:51fatalIllegalStateException: File corrupted in chunk 2058356, expected page length 4..1536, got 1936413045 [1.4.200/6]

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

Hello Jasper and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for sharing your current database issue and what your expectations are. Something to be aware of on the h2 database is;

The embedded H2 database is only supported for testing and app development purposes on non-clustered (single node) Confluence Data Center installations.

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/embedded-h2-database-145098285.html 

We would suggest migrating to another database or (if you do have a viable backup) to a cloud product.

There is a KB related to the error you're seeing which can be found at Startup check: embedded H2 database read-only. If the database is corrupt you can attempt a file-level restore OR restore your backup to a new instance of Confluence.

While not a clear answer on how to solve your database issue, I do hope the information helps with deciding a path forward.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Jasper Coetzee June 17, 2021

Thanks, let me check out/test the details you send.

Jasper Coetzee June 21, 2021

Nothing worked for me, the answers jump around with solutions over pages, at the end i just installed a new instance and pulled my data back from a backup and then migrated to the cloud, should not have been this difficult. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events