Confluence gives an error when try to connect to local MySQL database

SISTEMAS UMIVALE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2020

Hello,

Confluence can't start due an error connection to MySQL database. Confluence is 7.4.3 and MySQL is 8.0.17.

In logs I have these errors:

2020-08-10 09:57:39,248 WARN [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2rvyoeab1nr4lpk13s5jzv|62bd05a9]-HelperThread-#2] [mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool] log Having failed to acquire a resource, com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool@77330e3c is interrupting all Threads waiting on a resource to check out. Will try again in response to new client requests.
2020-08-10 09:57:39,249 WARN [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2rvyoeab1nr4lpk13s5jzv|62bd05a9]-HelperThread-#0] [mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool] log com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@6268a52 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

This one is in catalina.out file:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
10-Aug-2020 09:51:37.428 INFORMACI▒~SN [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log 1 Spring WebApplicationInitializers detected on classpath
10-Aug-2020 09:51:37.905 INFORMACI▒~SN [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring DispatcherServlet 'dispatcher'
2020-08-10 09:51:39,014 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.4.3 [build 8401 based on commit hash 1eaa024f06dac58f149033b1fed7ed2ee21ec52c] - synchrony version 3.1.0-master-022ca438
Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

I am using mysql-connector-java-8.0.17.jar driver to connect to MySQL.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rick Li
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Welcome to community.

Just googled to get to this page.

Though I could not find thee answer for my issue here,

this problem seems similar to existing bug:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59347

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events