Confluence fails to start error in Catalina - org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startIntern

Deleted user August 12, 2019

Hi there,

Got a problem with a confluence server. If I attempt to restart the servers (stop and start scripts) then I get error in the confluence logs - at 

/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs#

I get SEVERE logs as below

13-Aug-2019 01:07:08.886 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
13-Aug-2019 01:07:08.886 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [] startup failed due to previous errors

Other logs in same directory are empty

- manager.2019-08-13.log
 - localhost.2019-08-13.log
 - host-manager.2019-08-13.log

If I look in the application logs 

- filename atlassian-confluence.log

- located at var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs#)

There are no entries for the same time period

I would welcome solutions to this problem (looked for pervious resolutions and nothing jumped out.)

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 14, 2019

Thanks - the specifics of the logs (in bold above) to look in were very informative. We have some environment isseus that became apperent.

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hello,

It's hard to tell exactly what that error means, but more often than not in situations where the system actually fails to start, it could be an indication of DB connectivity problem, to verify that you would need to look over the atlassian-confluence.log log carefully to see if you have any DB connectivity errors, such as incorrect or changed values in confluence.cfg.xml

Do you see any such errors in the system log, even a bit outside of time period?

Regards,

Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events