Confluence export to PDF: preserve layout

Hi,

I'm exporting a page to PDF using Confluence 5.10.2. The page is designed with section and column macros (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-layouts-columns-and-sections-275188613.html) . You can see an example of the page in this image:

layout_page.png

However, when I use the "Export to PDF" option the layout is not preserved in the resulting PDF, as you can see in the next image:

resulting_pdf.png

How can I obtain a PDF that preserves the original layout?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The built in PDF exporter is not good at retaining a lot of stuff, designs being one of them. It also does not preserve results hidden under the expand/expando macro, or many other dynamic macros for that reason. During my years supporting confluence i raised a number of bugs that never got taken seriously enough to ever lead to a feature request or a bugfix, as this is a 3rd party component. If you already played around with PDF layout in Look and feel, i warmly recommend you to use a client side PDF exporter (like a browser plugin) to do the export instead. It will render a lot closer to the source than the native flying pdf plugin ever will.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi everybody, I have the same question of Tomas Crespo. There are some Updates? I´m using Confluence 5.10.7.

Thank you very much in advance

Maria

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you