Confluence eat my page

Denilson Telaroli February 23, 2021

I have created a page in my space, I have tried move the page using the menu Move Page on editing.
After move to a sub-page, it is unaccessible.

I find it in: archived, orphaned, everywhere.
Using the browser history, the page open my text but after change to the text in the another page. It seems a bug that merge both.

After try discard the changes, now I don't have any access to it.
I miss git and markdown now.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hello Denilson, and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Can you still not find your page in Confluence? I suspect the parent page might have some restrictions which prevent you from accessing the page.

If you send this to your Confluence administrator, they can check the parent page and see the restrictions. They can recover your access, and if this is a bug, they can submit the issue to Atlassian Support, and we can do an in-depth investigation.

If there's anything I can help you with, please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

One more note,

Using the browser history, the page open my text but after change to the text in the another page. It seems a bug that merge both.

Since you went back in your browser, it may be a cache session. You didn't save your changes, so I think it's just a matter of incorrect permissions.

Let me know what you find out from your administrator!

Shannon

Denilson Telaroli February 24, 2021

I gave up. The administrator tried find it out, the page disappeared.

Thank you.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2021

Denilson,

I'm really sorry to hear your administrator was not able to find your page. Could you have them raise a ticket with Cloud support? We need to make sure a bug didn't cause you to lose your work, and we might be able to help find the missing page.

Make sure your administrator provides the following:

1. The name of the page
  2. The page ID (If you can find it from your browser history. It's nice, but not required.)
  3. Your username
  4. The time and date you moved the page
  5. The location where you moved the page

Thank you for your help!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS