Confluence doesn't seem to use the same sessions as jira.

Matthias Lukaseder December 26, 2018

A health-check in jira notifies me about a problem with the application-link to confluence. And indeed, we have one issue since ages here:

Every confluence related entry in the jira timeline only displays correctly, when the user is also logged in into confluence.

As I understood jira and confluence shouldn't only share the same logons, but also the same user sessions? Is that correct?

If so, how can I configure the application-link between jira and confluence correctly?

Jira 7.13.0 and Confluence 6.13.0 are running on separate servers respectively with each owns own database.

On the pages for the application-link-setup I can choose OAuth or OAuth (Impersonation) but switching those settings doesn't change anything. On this page Jira and Confluence are showing each other as "Connected".

2 answers

0 votes
Matthias Lukaseder December 28, 2018

Thanks for your answer. I tried some of the steps in your second link but it didn't work.

Just for clarification: Should it be that way, that after logging on to Jira that I then don't have to log into Confluence additionally?

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Hi Matthias,

I'm not an expert on this level as we are using Crowd as Single Sign On between Confluence and Jira but I did find this knowledge base article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/logging-into-another-atlassian-application-logs-me-out-of-confluence-268043930.html

(This is only relevant if both Jira and Confluence are sharing the same (sub)domain or hostname and are running on a separate port)

There's also this guide to troubleshoot Application Links: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/application-links-troubleshooting-guide-718668765.html

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events