Confluence does not support individual processing

gopi_annepaka April 7, 2022

Dear Community,

We've observed the mentioned issue last week and since then the confluence is down.

Seeking your expert suggestions in resolving this, there are couple of errors I see from the logs (let me know if you need the complete log file for reference) but below snippet is what gets around my head.

The telnet connectivity looks fine to the DB, just to highlight the confluence comes up fine but immediately goes down with such exceptions in less than 5 mins. 

Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
at net.sf.hibernate.exception.ErrorCodeConverter.handledNonSpecificException(ErrorCodeConverter.java:90)
at net.sf.hibernate.exception.ErrorCodeConverter.convert(ErrorCodeConverter.java:79)
at net.sf.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:29)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.convert(BatcherImpl.java:328)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.openConnection(BatcherImpl.java:295)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.connect(SessionImpl.java:3371)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.connection(SessionImpl.java:3331)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTransactionManager.doBegin(HibernateTransactionManager.java:422)
... 81 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Regards,

Gopi.

1 answer

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Hi @gopi_annepaka ,

What version of the confluence , Java and Mysql are you using ? Share some more logs. 

Meantime please go through this document and check if this can solve your problem. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-is-not-starting-with-mysql-and-confluence-java-11-1064089758.html 

Thanks @Rilwan Ahmed for the quick response. 

Thanks for the article as well, I believe its not related to the SSL issues as I haven't seen any of the stack traces in the logs. 

Below are the details:

• Confluence: 3.5.5 
  • Java: 1.6.0_17
  • MySQL: 5.1.40-log
  • Driver: mysql-connector-java-5.1.11

Let me know if you need any further details. 

2022-04-07 17:30:33,864 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] [sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] logExceptions Duplicate entry 'csr test1-12943362' for key 'cwd_user_name_dir_id'
2022-04-07 17:30:33,865 ERROR [QuartzScheduler_Worker-8] [sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl] execute Could not synchronize database state with session

More logs.

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry 'csr test1-12943362' for key 'cwd_user_name_dir_id'
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

@gopi_annepaka ,

1. I would first suggest upgrade confluence to newer version. You are using very old and unsupported version

Refer to section Upgrade path in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-upgrade-matrix-960695895.html

2. Try to remove "csr test1-12943362" from multiple OUs in LDAP

3. Contact Atlassian support: https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal

Thanks @Rilwan Ahmed

Upgrade is in pipeline but this needs to be fixed before upgrade happens. 

I've already contacted the support but looks like the license expired, hence seeking the help from community as per their suggestion, in fact they routed me here :( 

Regards,

Gopi.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022
Like gopi_annepaka likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events