Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence database sequences different from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Daniel Alonso June 4, 2019

I'm doing a database migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL, using the ora2pg tool, and there were some errors with sequences, so I started researching why if all the sequences looked to be the same as they were in Oracle...

Then, I installed a fresh instance of Confluence in PostgreSQL and installed all the Apps to see the name of the AO tables.

I noticed that sequences have different names compared Oracle vs PostgreSQL (Fresh instance):

seq_oracle.png

In Oracle, the sequences for AO Tables (App tables) are ending with number, for example table for "Calendar Teams". In Postgres (Fresh instance), they have the full string name:

seq_psql.png

Is there a way to reset all the sequences on Confluence?

I already tried this:

1. Backup all the sequences

2. Delete the sequences

3. Delete the plugin folders

4. Restart Confluence

That didn't work, any suggestions?

2 answers

4 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2019

Do a backup from within Confluence & import the backup on a new server using the new database.

There is no migration path by using any database conversion / migration tools.

Best

JP

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

Agreed. Your best bet is to use the XML backup from your current instance and import it in to a new instance connected to the Postgres DB.

Daniel Alonso June 4, 2019

XML backup was not an option because the instance is huge, that's why we use the oa2pg alternative.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

I'm afraid you don't have any other way except what wrote @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ based on all what you already tried. What you mean as "huge"? 

0 votes
Daniel Alonso July 29, 2019

Finally we could figure it out, I will write an article about it and share it here with you soon.

david kreuter October 17, 2019

Currently I'm facing the same issue. Did you find time to write the article?

Daniel Alonso October 17, 2019

@david kreuternot yet, but I can provide the complete solution, just put in contact with us on the page: https://trundl.com/ to discuss about it.

Sachin September 18, 2020

@Daniel Alonso - did you publish the article for this?

Pedram M November 8, 2021

Facing this issue now. Can I get a link to the article?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events