Confluence cannot start on Ubuntu 16.04 (HTTP Status 500 - Confluence is vacant))

Michele Costantino Soccio May 2, 2016

Hello,

after upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 (from 15.10) Confluence doesn't want to start any more. I have the following exception:

HTTP Status 500 - Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted 
[public abstract net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProvider net.sf.hibernate.engine.SessionFactoryImplementor.getConnectionProvider()] 
is not allowed.

My .

I have found a few answers about this same problem (for example this knowledge base), but none seems to apply to my case.

I am suspecting that the issue would come from MySQL, which in Ubuntu 16.04 is bumped to version 5.7, while Atlassian says that its (great) products support up to MySQL 5.6. But before hampering my system, I would like to see if I am missing anything.

Any idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michele Costantino Soccio May 3, 2016

Solution is described in this knowledge base article, and it's about the fact that

MySQL 5.7.x uses InnoDB by default, and has removed the storage_engine system variable.

Following the instructions solved the issue.

While I'm writing Confluence does not support MySQL though. So I wouldn't recommend this setup for production environments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events