Confluence: cannot get back to dashboard in 5.1.1 (if user customized his home page)

In 5.1.1 if user has customized his home page there is no bread crumbs (like in 3.x) to navigate the user back to the Dashboard. THe only way I can go to the dashboard is to type the URL.

Am I missing something? This can not be the way it is designed

Thanks

NR

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi guys. This was an intentional change we made. There's been a ticket raised about it here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28719 - and it would be good to hear about how you use your custom homepage and Dashboard together in the comments of the ticket.

0 vote

Hi Nashmarkt,

I'm not sure if I understood you well. It depends on the type of customization that the user performed.

If this is reproducible, I believe that you can open a support ticket so we can investigate and if the case, open a bug report or improvement request.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Here is what was done. Confluence 3.5.13 data backed up, staging instance of 5.1.1 installed and data imported. In 3.5.13 instance there was no customization done to Look and Feel and I can see the breadcrumb.

Interesting :) Just tried it with the SDK, and you are right.

This invalidates the example content in the Demonstration space (http://localhost:1990/confluence/display/ds/Using+the+Dashboard), because it says:

To get to the Dashboard from anywhere within your wiki, click the 'Dashboard' link at the top left of your screen.

I am not sure, whether this is intended or a bug, but I guess that a company would like to share specific/customized information via Dashboard and it would be a shame to completely prevent that.

So if you're going to create an issue at Atlassians, share the issue link here and I will vote for it :)

I added the following and it works.

Navigate to <tt>Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML</tt> and add the following to At end of the HEAD:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('h1#logo').children().attr("href","/dashboard.action");
});
</script>

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you