Confluence: cannot get back to dashboard in 5.1.1 (if user customized his home page)

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

In 5.1.1 if user has customized his home page there is no bread crumbs (like in 3.x) to navigate the user back to the Dashboard. THe only way I can go to the dashboard is to type the URL.

Am I missing something? This can not be the way it is designed

Thanks

NR

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi guys. This was an intentional change we made. There's been a ticket raised about it here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28719 - and it would be good to hear about how you use your custom homepage and Dashboard together in the comments of the ticket.

0 votes
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

I added the following and it works.

Navigate to <tt>Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML</tt> and add the following to At end of the HEAD:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('h1#logo').children().attr("href","/dashboard.action");
});
</script>
0 votes
resah
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Interesting :) Just tried it with the SDK, and you are right.

This invalidates the example content in the Demonstration space (http://localhost:1990/confluence/display/ds/Using+the+Dashboard), because it says:

To get to the Dashboard from anywhere within your wiki, click the 'Dashboard' link at the top left of your screen.

I am not sure, whether this is intended or a bug, but I guess that a company would like to share specific/customized information via Dashboard and it would be a shame to completely prevent that.

So if you're going to create an issue at Atlassians, share the issue link here and I will vote for it :)

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

Hi Nashmarkt,

I'm not sure if I understood you well. It depends on the type of customization that the user performed.

If this is reproducible, I believe that you can open a support ticket so we can investigate and if the case, open a bug report or improvement request.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Here is what was done. Confluence 3.5.13 data backed up, staging instance of 5.1.1 installed and data imported. In 3.5.13 instance there was no customization done to Look and Feel and I can see the breadcrumb.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events