Confluence calendar on cloud to start with Sunday instead of Monday

Sudheer Revuru September 21, 2020

As a confluence administrator, I want to change the calendar week start from Sunday instead of Monday so that confluence calendar will be in sync with US standard calendar.  

I confirm that language configuration in confluence settings are changed to English (US) and also my browser (chrome) language settings are English (United States). 

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2020
0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Sudheer Revuru,

I found the following in the Addon documentation

Can I change the starting day of the week?

The Team Calendars follows per user language preferences to decide which day is at the start of the week. For example, if you want to make the start of the week to Sunday (US Calendar), you would need to install the US Language pack and edit your Confluence user preferences to choose US English. To do this, click User name > Settings > Edit > Language and then choose US English

Note: The Confluence default is to Automatically detect browser settings.

Cheers,

Pavel

Sudheer Revuru September 21, 2020

@Pavel Junek thanks for the response. My user settings is already using US English as the language. Also, the confluence language settings is set to US English but still the calendar is starting from Monday & not Sunday. 

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Hi Sunheer,

I just tried setting up a Confluence user profile (that didn't help), but to change the calendar you need to have your web browser language set correctly, ie English (UK) or English (US).

Pavel

Sudheer Revuru September 22, 2020

Hi Pavel, I am using Chrome and chrome language settings are already set to English (United States) but still the confluence colander is starting with Monday.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

Oh, I tried the setup on MacOS and Safari - it works for me there. But the same settings for Google Chrome are a problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't set it up there.

Sudheer Revuru September 23, 2020

I tried on Chrome, Firefox, latest edge browser. All browsers are set to English (US) but the confluence calendar is starting from Monday. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events