Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence breaks when setting up master replication

Andre Branchizio June 22, 2013

I am trying to setup replication of anothter database (not confluence) and I have already succeeded in doing so. However, confluence datbase is on the master mysql server and I get this message after I start the master server.

Non Clustered Confluence: Database is being updated by another Confluence instance

I am not trying to replicate confluence at all, i am replicating a completely different database. How do I fix this?

5 answers

0 votes
Kirby Russell April 22, 2014

We saw

caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.

and it wouldn't work until we set binlog_format = row. We didn't test it heavily, however.

0 votes
Margit Falk December 18, 2013

the error is still present, when I tell mysql to only replicate a specific db and let confluence as is:

server-id = 1

log-bin = /var/log/mysql/xxxxx-mysql-bin.log

replicate-do-db=xxxxx

replicate-ignore-db=confluence

Kirby Russell April 22, 2014

having same problem - confluence breaks when set up Master/Slave

log-bin=mysql-bin
server-id=1

What is the solution to this problem? We've followed the instructions for Master/Slave >> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-howto-masterbaseconfig.html and no joy

0 votes
Margit Falk December 18, 2013

I have the same problem.

as soon as I add server-id=1 to my.cnf and restart mysql, Confluence breaks. The confluence document you mention above does not exist.

I would really appreciate some help.

0 votes
Andre Branchizio June 23, 2013

I set up replication with that exact link. I tried addiing only the specific database but no luck. Really as soon as server-id=0 is added to master my.cnf confluence breaks.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2013

Hi Andre,

The error you are getting there is how a "normal", (non-clustered), Confluence panics when it thinks that more than one node is updating its database, as described in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/'Database+is+being+updated+by+an+instance+which+is+not+part+of+the+current+cluster'+Error+Message

However, as I understand it the database shouldn't be being updated in anyway as part of the mirroring process because it should only be copying the contents so what you willl need to look into is why this is occurring because it sounds like the mirroring configuration is wrong and so I'd recommend reviewing the documentation here to ensure that the replication process is correctly configured: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-howto.html

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events