Confluence best practices

Lexie Westbrook April 21, 2022

I was wondering if Atlassian has any type of user policy best practices or tips and tricks. We're looking to roll out a user policy to our company and wanted to see if anything existed for me to base our policies off. Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Lexie Westbrook , welcome to the community.

This is such a broad ask is sort of difficult to answer. I will offer this article Confluence-best-practices . But that's just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion. It really comes down to how your organization likes to work. Here is another article that I found useful - confluence-configuration-best-practices . There are quite a number of resources out there and I would highly recommend searching the community here and simply doing a Google search.

if you have some specific use cases you could share along with questions for these use cases we might be able to advise.

Lexie Westbrook April 22, 2022

Thanks Jack! This will definitely help. I was wondering if you have any guidance on retention policies? I know we have some ideas about what could work best for us, but we were curious to see what else was out there and if you had anything you could suggest for us! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

Retention of pages? My personal experience is that we rarely remove old content. However if we choose to it's a fairly simple matter. We can archive it and delete it later if you like.

Lexie Westbrook April 22, 2022

Spaces and attachments. I was curious to see if you guys had guidance around when we should archive pages/spaces that haven't been accessed within a certain timeframe, but if the choice is up to us, that's okay too! I figured I'd ask if you had guidance on any thing like that before attempting to start our own policy. I appreciate your help! 

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2022

Hey @Lexie Westbrook ,

we at K15t are using Confluence more than 10 years now and we've started to share our best practices on our YouTube channel.

We have a a Confluence best practice playlist which contains all of our best practice videos and live streams.

Specifically to your when to archive pages and spaces we have a video about the Analytics tools which might help you to find the right timeframe to archive pages for you.

I hope this helps

Cheers,
Steffen

Like # people like this
Lexie Westbrook April 28, 2022

Thank you! I will definitely take a look at it! I appreciate it!

Like Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events