Confluence and Jira won't connect after migration to a new Server

Bastian Ouwehand March 2, 2021

We installed Confluence on a new Server. We are using Confluence Data Center (Let's call it "1"). In the same process we installed another Confluence Data Center instance (Let's call it "2") on another Server. Unfortiunatly the connection from Jira to Confluence "1" had to be done new because the Jira Instance connected to 2 - instead to 1.

We then had help from our Atlassian Partner and tried to figure this out. We couldn't. We wanted then to connect all the Instances new. So from Jira to 1 and from Jira to 2. 

The Problem now is that we get an Servererror (Picture1), which says (translated from German):
This Application has the same ID as me. I can't connect to myself.

This errormessage comes after in Jira I put the Confluence-URL in the Box (Picture2) and press "Neue Verknüpfung erstellen".

These three Instances (2xConfluence and Jira) are on separate Servers. It seems that an ID from Jira is still the same as one of the Confluence instances. They were on the same server before we separated them. From Jira to "2" it connects without a Problem. This Instance was never on the same Server as Jira.

Picture1:

Picture1.png

Picture2:

Picture2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2021

@Bastian Ouwehand did you do a fresh install on both 1 and 2?  Are you using a separate license for each server?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events