Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence and Doxygen integration

Mathew Benson March 3, 2019

I have Confluence Server 6.8.1.  I'm trying to integrate Doxygen generated HTML with my Confluence pages.  I found other posts here that recommend AppFusions plugin, but it only supports Confluence up to version 6.0.x.  I'm also running the free license for open source projects and it doesn't appear that AppFusion also has has a free license.  So the AppFusion plugin isn't an option.

I installed the Docs plugin.  It has a nice mechanism to upload content remotely.  I can see the Doxygen generated pages in Confluence, but only when I click the "Docs" button in the menu and use its the simple navigator.  I can't seem to find any documentation on the Docs plugin.  I would like to have my Doxygen docs embedded in with other Confluence pages.  How can I do this with the Docs plugin?  Is there an undocumented macro?  Is there something i need to activate?  Basically, I just want to click a link in the navigation tree and see the Doxygen HTML in the main pane.  Is this not possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hello there Mathew! Thanks for sharing.

You could use the HTML Include Macro to include the HTML on your pages:

HTML Include Macro

Also, you might want to take a look into this page:

How to put an iFrame into Confluence

Could you clarify a few points for us:

1. Could you share with us the link to the Docs Plugin page?
  2. Is this the AppFusions that you mentioned: AppFusions - Doxygen
  3. Was the plugin from AppFusions tested on your instance?

Let us know!

Mathew Benson March 5, 2019

Thanks.  I figured that out eventually, but it took me a day to figure out that I had to uninstall another plugin to get the HTML macro to work.  It wouldn't appear in the macro list until I removed the "Confluence HTML Macros" plugin.  There was no error indication.  It just didn't appear.  I couldn't use the "Confluence HTML Macros" plugin because I couldn't use an iframe with it, or didn't understand how.  The built-in html macro worked.

1.  The Docs plugin is in the "Paid via Atlassian" list of plugins.  In the "Manage app" page, I selected "Paid via Atlassian" in the dropdown.  "Docs" is the last one in the list.

2.  Yes.  The first page says "Supports Confluence 5.4 - 6.0.x".  I'm using Confluence Server 6.8.1 and I really don't want to roll back to 6.0.  I sent an email to AppFusion, asking if it would work with 6.8.1, but didn't get a response.

3.  No.  I didn't want to until I confirmed with them that my license was compatible anyway.  I have the free license for open source projects, and AppFusion licenses by number of users.  AppFusions solution looks better, but I got the Docs plugin working with the html macro.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Thanks for the thorough explanation Mathew!

I am pleased to know that you were able to get things working with the HTML Macro.

Hopefully AppFusion will get in touch with you.

Please, let us know if there is anything else we could assist you with!

simone_gasparella August 9, 2021

Hi Diego... I have generated some documentation with doxygen..  I would like to import it on confluence... I am using confluence on the cloud.. Which is the best way to do that?  Thanks a lot.. 

Simone

Like burdinfl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events