Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - administrator locked out

Ben Corcoran March 13, 2013

I'm just using Confluence casually at home for some practice for my work set up.

I logged out the other day, and when I tried to log back in it doesn't recognise my user/password.

I'm damn sure the password is correct, but something's definitely not working. Don't have a mail client set up so can't email myself the password, etc - and neglected to set someone else up as admin to fix it for me. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Is there any way to either:

Reset the administrator

or

Reset the admin password?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2013
1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Just to specify the queries you'd need to run in order to change the administrator password:

select u.id, u.user_name, u.active from cwd_user u
join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_user_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id
where g.group_name = 'confluence-administrators' and d.directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory';

With this query, You'll get the admin IDs. Then you can change the admin password with the next query:

update cwd_user set credential =
'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A=='
where id=<id from Stage 1>;

Hope that helps!

Rodrigo

Ben Corcoran March 19, 2013

Thanks to you both!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events