Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence administrator cannot admin a space?

Vedad KAJTAZ July 1, 2013

Hi, my user is part of the "administrators" group, but cannot admin (eg. remove) a space created by someone else? Is this a bug? Do I really need to change the user's password and login in his account to delete the space?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2013

This is seems to be a known issue explained here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27021

maybe you can vote it up and watch it, it seems you currently have to ask support to be added as a space admin

Thanks a lot. It is a shame that this hasn't been fixed for 9 month...

1 vote
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2013

I would not consider this as a bug. If the request get implemented, I would consider this to be an improvement and not a bug resolution. This mainly applies to personal spaces. Granting others certain permissions to personal spaces kind of defies the "personal" part, though on the other side to some degree I can understand the need for administrative capabilities. I would suggest you leave your thoughts regarding the improvement in the request as linked above by Peter, so the responsible people for judging and potentially implementing this request have a better picture of the actual needs and wishes of the users

It was not a personal space, please read my comments first. And this is definetly a bug.

0 votes

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it is not the case.

I get "You are not permitted to perform this operation." when I click "Manage permissions" for this space. This is so illogical that I guess this is a bug.

I'm using Confluence On demand (hosted by atlassian). All other spaces were created by me, except two: one personal space that I can administer, and this one, which is not personal but that I cannot administer.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2013

Hi Vedad,

Which version of confluence are you using?

Do you have this problem for all spaces or only for one of the spaces in your confluence instance?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Hi, as an administrator, you should be able to modify the space permissions and add yourself as a space administrator. You should then be able to remove the space.

By default you don't have space administrator permissions to that particular space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events