Confluence adding labels during page edit

Deleted user November 26, 2013

Hello,

While editing a page on Confluence, is there a way to mark some key words as labels or sort of index words using markups like on wikipedia?

Thanks,

JK

2 answers

0 votes
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

Hi @[deleted] , 

I know, it's been a while, but since this answer still shows up in google searches, here's an update for 2022.

The editor in Confluence Cloud has changed and with it the "Add Labels" option. It's now behind the three dots menu on the top right of the editor:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-17 um 13.39.03.png

Personally, I still find this quite cumbersome so we at Polymetis Apps created an app called Magic Labels that adds support for hashtags in Confluence. With it, you can simply type #mylabel in the editor to have a label added after publishing.

The app is available on the Atlassian Marketplace or just search for hashtag.

Anyway, hope that helps, 
 Oliver

Full disclosure: I work for Polymetis Apps, the Marketplace Partner behind Magic Labels. Let me know if you need any help getting started or have any questions or feedback.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

Not that I know of, but you can add labels while editing with the "label" buton on the bottom of the editor window.

Deleted user November 27, 2013

Hi Davin,

Thanks for your reply, have you got any ideas if Confluence gives an option to gather important definition words in one place e.g. at the bottom of the page?

Editing labels is very annoying cause I would have to keep this words separately and fill in labels after editing is completed.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2013

One question I have is why you want to gather keywords at the bottom of the page. If I understand your use case it will help me is possibly suggesting a solution.

Deleted user December 2, 2013

We would like to have a sort of glossary with all the important frazes from each manual and their definitions. However it would be usefull if someone could get to know with them before or after reading of the manual.

We could go with links, but then we'd have to do it three times. Once in a text, second in the listing and afterwards in the labels to have this page quick to find.

I think that labels could handle this easly cause they are organized in a list and also redirect to other pages. But adding them on the fly while creating a manual would be much easier to cover.

Thanks,

JK

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events