Confluence Wiki page Label bulk application

I am looking for a solution to the problem of pages without labels.

I can get a list of pages that do not have labels, about 19,000 of them in our Wiki.

1. I need to know if there is a way to create lists of pages and bulk apply standard labels to those pages.
  2. I also need to know if there is a way to mandate that when a page is created that the creator must add at least one of a standard set of labels.

Thank you for your help!

3 answers

I manged to do this through the API without any add-ons. Had some problems at first because the Atlassian code did not not work according to the documentation. Had to be modified when used on a windows machine or through the Confluence rest API browser. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/56038856 

That covers the first step. All you need after that is the pageid's on the pages you want to modify and create a loop script or bat file

//Per 

Hi Greg, 

thanks for the question. I had the same. I would like to know how you got the list of unlabeled sites?

Regards

Julia

Unless you can find an existing add-on that can do this, after trying to create a CQL query to do this it may be a case of extracting a list of all pages and then filtering out those that don't have labels.

Julia,  Sorry it took my a while to get back to you.  Try this:  type:page NOT labelText:[a TO z]  NOT labelText:[0 TO 9]

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

77 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you