Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Wiki page Label bulk application

Greg Della-Croce March 2, 2017

I am looking for a solution to the problem of pages without labels.

I can get a list of pages that do not have labels, about 19,000 of them in our Wiki.

1. I need to know if there is a way to create lists of pages and bulk apply standard labels to those pages.
  2. I also need to know if there is a way to mandate that when a page is created that the creator must add at least one of a standard set of labels.

Thank you for your help!

3 answers

0 votes
Julia Erdel March 6, 2017

Hi Greg, 

thanks for the question. I had the same. I would like to know how you got the list of unlabeled sites?

Regards

Julia

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Unless you can find an existing add-on that can do this, after trying to create a CQL query to do this it may be a case of extracting a list of all pages and then filtering out those that don't have labels.

Greg Della-Croce March 10, 2017

Julia,  Sorry it took my a while to get back to you.  Try this:  type:page NOT labelText:[a TO z]  NOT labelText:[0 TO 9]

0 votes
Per Löfgren (Qlik) March 2, 2017

I manged to do this through the API without any add-ons. Had some problems at first because the Atlassian code did not not work according to the documentation. Had to be modified when used on a windows machine or through the Confluence rest API browser. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/56038856 

That covers the first step. All you need after that is the pageid's on the pages you want to modify and create a loop script or bat file

//Per 

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events