Confluence Wiki markup styler plugin

Hans-Peter Geier May 26, 2014

Hi, I'm wondering what happened to the Confluence Wiki Markup Styler plugin.

On its Atlassian marketplace web site, there is only a version for Confluence 4 but not for Confluence 5. The links to the issue/request tracker (labs.atlassian.com) is broken.

I wanted to ask regarding a 5.x compatible version of this plugin but cannot even find a place to request or ask this?

2 answers

1 vote
Hans-Peter Geier June 2, 2014

Just got an email to "be a good Atlassian citizen" and answer or accept my question.

I would prefer if Atlassian product managers were better citizens and not continue to cancel good features without asking customers. The mentioned feature was a good one, and it is certainly not costing a lot of work to port it from Confluence 5.2 to 5.5, especially given that there have been no big changes within the editor.

So, to answer my own question, I'm once more disappointed with Atlassian.

0 votes
Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2014

This plugin is not being developed any more.

However the source code is still available and can be forked from here if you have an interest in making it work.

Hans-Peter Geier May 27, 2014

this is a pity. Atlassian had provided this plugin as kinda mitigation for the removal of the Wiki syntax, which is still a concern for many users. It also helps to cope with bugs in (or strange behavior of) the current editor, to understand what's going on.

Despite of this aspect, advanced users find it very useful to have this tool available, and some use it because they use it in Microsoft Word as well and are used to see these symbols and miss them without this feature.

I do not plan to use the source code.

Can we request Atlassian to continue providing this plugin? Or one of your partners?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2014

Hi Hans Peter,

The Wiki Plugin for Confluence, which is developed and supported by one of our partners, allows you to write standard wiki markup inside of macro bodies that will render correctly on Confluence pages.

Regards,

Dave

Hans-Peter Geier June 1, 2014

Hi Dave, this is not doing the same.

The Wiki Plugin is for writing in the Confluence 3.x Wiki language. (this is your link)

The Wiki Markup Styler provides the button in the editor which displays invisible characters (like new-line and new-paragraph), similiar as in MS-Word.

I'm interested in the latter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events