Confluence WAR: Moving MySQL database

Ernest Kim December 8, 2013

Hi all. I'm using the WAR version of Confluence. I'm in the process of switching MySQL database servers from one server to another server. Has anyone done this? The directions at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+to+Another+Database, make it seem very complicated. I thought it would be a simple update a few files with the new server/database/login information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

If you're only moving the database to a new location, then you simply need to point your Confluence application to that db location. There's 2 possible scenarios:

1. You use a direct jdbc connection to your mysql database.

Check the <confluence.home>/confluence.cfg.xml for the "hibernate.connection.url"

This is the location of your database. Update the url to reflect your new mysql server location

Also update the hibernate.connection.password and hibernate.connection.username if necessary

2. You use a datasource connection to your mysql database.

If this is the case, then the confluence.cfg.xml file will have a datasource location defined instead of the direct connection information. The datasource is defined in Tomcat's server.xml file. Since you've deployed the WAR version of Confluence, this means Tomcat is installed separately from Confluence. Your catalina_home should contain a conf folder with the server.xml file. Check the server.xml file for your Confluence datasource. This is where you'll update the mysql database connection information.

Ernest Kim December 12, 2013

Thanks! This works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events