Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Using the cell background colour selection not working

Grant Simpson February 16, 2016

I have a Red/Amber/Green column in Confluence that I am trying to set the background to the appropriate colour but the colour selection button doesn't work as expected. It only shows the colouring when the cell and adjacent cells are selected/highlighted in page edit mode.

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

It sounds like you might be trying to select a whole column to change the color of all the cells in the column at once; that doesn't seem to work. Try selecting each cell individually, and change the color, one cell at a time.

Grant Simpson February 17, 2016

No - just selecting the individual cell. The odd thing is that when you highlight the cell by selecting the row it's in - after you have tried to set the background colour - it displays the colour you have set it to. But this is only the case when in 'edit'.

image2016-2-18 8:55:40.png

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

Why select the row? just put your cursor in the cell and change it's color and see what happens when you save.

Grant Simpson February 17, 2016

Hi Milo,

I am not selecting the row when trying to colour the cell. The above is just trying to demonstrate that when I do highlight the row after I have set the colour from within the individual cell - you get the reverse colour showing as the colour I selected.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2016

I'm afraid I'm still not following.

Are you saying the cell changes color when selected, or the Change cell colour button changes color?

Grant Simpson February 21, 2016

Hi Milo,

I am confusing things by mentioning the selection of cells. The basic problem is that when you click in a cell in a table and click the colour button - say red shading - it doesn't work. The cell remains white.

We have tried upgrading and different browsers and still have the issue. It used to work for us but doesn't anymore.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2016

Alright, let's start over.

If you create a new table, can you change a cell's color?

Grant Simpson February 21, 2016

No. I think it may be caused by our use of the documentation template rather than the default. Testing that tonight.

Deleted user February 24, 2016

I've just found out the same bug in our production Wiki system 5.2.3 version. Cell Colours do not work in display mode when a table is placed within a 'Page Properties' macro/section.

The problem is solved btw in our test version on 5.9.5. So we really should do that upgrade soon smile

In Edit mode :

25-2-2016 9-49-40.png

Once saved and in display mode :

25-2-2016 9-50-00.png

Grant Simpson February 28, 2016

Thanks Peter. The Page Properties section was the problem. Cheers

Min Lu March 20, 2018

Any one knows how to do this using Confluence CLI?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events