Confluence Upgrade

Hi,

We need to upgrade confluence 3.4.8 to 5.3

Can we do this upgrade ? or we must to upgrade to an other version before 5.3 ?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

if you want to move from Confluence 3.x to Confluence 5.x, you should first upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, then from 4.x to 5.x. Note that there is no need for incremental upgrading when moving from one minor or point release to another within the same series. For example, you can move from Confluence 4.0.x directly to Confluence 4.3.x.

check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

According to Confluence's docs, don't skip a major version when upgrading. Go from 3.x to 4.x. Then go from 4.x to 5.x More info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Just to throw a spanner in the works, upgrading from 3.4 to 4.x is an utter nightmare and I wouldn't try it. Even 3.4 to 4.0 is a pain.

3.4 to 3.5 is very simple though, and 3.5 to 4.anything is also quite easy. I've even done 3.5 to 5.0 on a small simple installation without any significant hiccups (I'd still recommend going via 4 though)

But seriously, go via 3.5.17. I'd test 3.4 to 4.something, but if you have even a hint of a problem, plan for 3.5 first.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

476 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you