Confluence Upgrade

Sébastien TOURNAY October 9, 2013

Hi,

We need to upgrade confluence 3.4.8 to 5.3

Can we do this upgrade ? or we must to upgrade to an other version before 5.3 ?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2013

Just to throw a spanner in the works, upgrading from 3.4 to 4.x is an utter nightmare and I wouldn't try it. Even 3.4 to 4.0 is a pain.

3.4 to 3.5 is very simple though, and 3.5 to 4.anything is also quite easy. I've even done 3.5 to 5.0 on a small simple installation without any significant hiccups (I'd still recommend going via 4 though)

But seriously, go via 3.5.17. I'd test 3.4 to 4.something, but if you have even a hint of a problem, plan for 3.5 first.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

According to Confluence's docs, don't skip a major version when upgrading. Go from 3.x to 4.x. Then go from 4.x to 5.x More info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

if you want to move from Confluence 3.x to Confluence 5.x, you should first upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, then from 4.x to 5.x. Note that there is no need for incremental upgrading when moving from one minor or point release to another within the same series. For example, you can move from Confluence 4.0.x directly to Confluence 4.3.x.

check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events