Confluence Upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.9.6 failed

Exception
com.install4j.api.beans.UndefinedVariableException installerinstallationID
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerVariables$InstallerReplacementCallback.handleError(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerVariables$InstallerReplacementCallback.getReplacement(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.util.StringUtil.replaceVariable(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerVariables.replaceVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerVariables.replaceVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.api.beans.AbstractBean.replaceVariables(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.registry.SetRegistryValueAction.getKeyName(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.registry.SetRegistryValueAction$PerformedAction.init(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.registry.SetRegistryValueAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.SystemInstallOrUninstallAction.install(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl.performActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.performAction(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.executeActions(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.handleCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java498)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
System properties
java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
exe4j.moduleName=DUpgradeConfluenceatlassian-confluence-5.9.7-x32.exe
exe4j.semaphoreName=d_upgradeconfluence_atlassian-confluence-5.9.7-x32.exe
sun.boot.library.path=cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrebin
java.vm.version=25.74-b02
java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.vendor.url=httpjava.oracle.com
exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0
path.separator=;
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
user.country=CN
user.script=
sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 2
install4j.exeDir=DUpgradeConfluence
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
user.dir=CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dir
java.runtime.version=1.8.0_74-b02
java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
java.endorsed.dirs=cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibendorsed
os.arch=x86
java.io.tmpdir=CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Temp
line.separator=
java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
user.variant=
exe4j.tempDir=CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dir
os.name=Windows 2003
sun.java2d.noddraw=true
sun.jnu.encoding=GBK
java.library.path=DProgram FilesIBMWebSphere MQJavalib;DappAdministratorproduct11.2.0dbhome_1bin;CWINDOWSsystem32;CWINDOWS;CWINDOWSSystem32Wbem;Dibmjdk1.6bin;%ANT_HOMEbin;DProgram FilesIBMWebSphere MQbin;DProgram FilesIBMWebSphere MQtoolscsamplesbin;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrebin
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons=true
java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
java.class.version=52.0
sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler
exe4j.isInstall4j=true
os.version=5.2
user.home=CDocuments and SettingsAdministrator
user.timezone=AsiaShanghai
java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
file.encoding=GBK
java.specification.version=1.8
java.class.path=CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diri4jruntime.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diruser.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirplatform.zip;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirusercommons-codec.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirusercommons-httpclient.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirusercommons-io.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirusercommons-logging.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diruserdom4j.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diruserinception.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_dirusermodzdetector.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diruserslf4j-api.jar;CDOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempe4j1C1C.tmp_diruserslf4j-jdk14.jar;;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibdeploy.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibplugin.jar
user.name=Administrator
install4j.executionMode=gui
java.vm.specification.version=1.8
sun.java.command=DUpgradeConfluenceatlassian-confluence-5.9.7-x32.exe
java.home=cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjre
sun.arch.data.model=32
exe4j.launchName=DUpgradeConfluenceatlassian-confluence-5.9.7-x32.exe
user.language=zh
java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
java.vm.info=mixed mode
exe4j.unextractedPosition=71615172
java.version=1.8.0_74
java.ext.dirs=cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibext;CWINDOWSSunJavalibext
sun.boot.class.path=cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibresources.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibrt.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibsunrsasign.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibjsse.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibjce.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibcharsets.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjrelibjfr.jar;cdocume~1admini~1locals~1tempe4j1c1c.tmp_dirjreclasses
install4j.appDir=CDocuments and SettingsAdministratorLocal SettingsTemp
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
file.separator=
java.vendor.url.bug=httpbugreport.sun.combugreport
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
sun.cpu.endian=little
sun.desktop=windows
sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86

2 answers

0 votes

If you want us to help you, you need to explain the problem, not dump us with a log file that just says "you got it wrong"

OK,thank u so much for your reply. I didn't realize this and please tell me which file or log I need to upload because the sever is down and I don't know what else folder should I upload and I can only upload the error logs for help. 

Thanks again, best regards.

Please describe the symptoms - what does "couldn't open the website" mean?  It churns?  It gives an error?  There's an angry penguin sitting on your keyboard?

The logs we need to see are probably going to be atlassian-confluence.log and catalina.out

I did the above cleanup, the server is up but I couldn't open the website. Please do tell me which logs should I upload to place the problem, thanks so much for your help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

144 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you