Confluence Team Calendar showing different results for users / viewers of the Page

Robin Klein August 8, 2018

One of our teams has created a Release Calendar page which they use for overviews related to Releases (Versions), Sprints and Jira Issues from their Project in Jira. 

Now most users can see the content correctly displayed in the Confluence Page, however a few people only see a blank calendar. They are using Chrome as a browser. The users that can't see the content is a users of the Space with the right permissions. Additionally these users also having the right roles in the Jira Project and no restrictions to permissions are applied. 

Screenshot of the view from users who can see the content

View 1.PNG

Screenshot of the view from users who can't see the content

View 2.PNG

Any idea what can cause this?

Regards,
Robin

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2018

Hi Robin,

To be sure, can you show me that "Hide All Events" wasn't automatically selected for those users? 

Is there a difference between the users who can see the events and those who cannot?

You mentioned they're all using Chrome, but can they also replicate the issue in other browsers?

Lastly, which version of Team Calendars and Confluence are you on?

Regards,

Shannon

Robin Klein August 9, 2018

Hi @Shannon S,

Thanks for your reply!

As you can see here the setting seems to be right (snapshot taken by being logged in as a user how can't see the content). 

There is no difference in the role setting or assignment to certain groups in for both users. Also no difference when using different browsers (tested in Chrome and IE). 

We are currently using Server version 6.1.2 of Confluence and 5.3.20 of Team Calendars. Do you suggest to upgrade and check again first?

Regards,
Robin

View 3.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Hi Robin,

You can try generating a HAR file on that page as this will check the response of the call to Jira and see what kind of data is being returned. Check on that page under Analyzing Web Requests for details on how to read those results.

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,

Shannon

Robin Klein August 21, 2018

Hi @Shannon S,

I've analyzed both HAR files (one from a user who could see the results and one from the user that couldn't see the results), both as far as I can see no specific differences. 

I also checked the project roles and filter shares again and both users have the same access rights. So I'm a bit stuck now... 

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Robin

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2018

Thank you for confirming, Robin.

I'm creating a support ticket now so you can use that to send us a copy of your HAR files and we can continue to troubleshoot this issue.

The system is having a bit of a delay now so please just keep an eye on your email for the ticket number.

Regards,

Shannon

Gavan Shanley October 8, 2019

Was there any resolution to this issue, as I am experiencing exactly the same thing.

Confluence Confluence 6.13.6

Jira v7.13.5

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2019

Hello Gavan,

Thank you for contacting us about this! In Robin's case, we noticed many Team Calendar errors so we suspected that it's a caching issue, or that the plugin became corrupted. We sent Robin a few steps to try, but we haven't heard back if they had a chance to test it out. 

The first step would be to clear your plugin caches, or better yet, completely uninstall and reinstall  Team Calendars and then clear the cache.

Uninstall and reinstall

1. Uninstall Team Calendars
  2. Shutdown Confluence
    • Make sure that the process is not running
    • You can check that with ps -aux | grep confluence in linux and via the Process manager in Windows
  3. Backup your database, <confluence-home> and <confluence-install>
    • Make sure to complete this step
  4. Go to <confluence-home>
  5. Remove the following folders:
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
    • <confluence-home>/index
    • <confluence-home>/journal
    • <confluence-home>/logs
  6. Check permissions for <confluence-home>
    • The user running Confluence must have *full read/write/execute permission on this folder
    • You can use the following commands to set this. Keep in mind that the user confluence here is just a placeholder, you must use the user that exists in your system
    • sudo chown -R confluence:confluence /path/to/<confluence-home>
    • chmod -R u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx /path/to/<confluence-home>
  7. Start Confluence
  8. Click Cog Icon>General Configuration
  9. Search for Content Indexing in the left menu bar
  10. Click the Rebuild button
  11. Reinstall Team Calendars (Latest Version)
  12. Generate a new Support Zip

Uninstalling Team calendars does not remove tables from your system 

Once you've had a chance to run through these steps, if you continue to have an issue, please let me know, and I can help you to create a Support Ticket.

Regards,

Shannon 

Like Gavan Shanley likes this
Gavan Shanley October 9, 2019

Thanks for the reply @Shannon S I will try that with our support team.

There may be one small difference for me in that the calendar events for Jira Sprints and Jira custom field dates are not appearing, but manually entered Confluence Events do appear.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2019

Gavan,

No worries, hopefully it can resolve your issue!

If it does not work, you can create a Support Zip and raise a support ticket or follow-up with me and I can help you to do that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Gavan Shanley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events