cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Tables: > 1 Bullet List Inside A Table Entry

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

(We are on Confluence 3.5.13)

My user has a tabe, with three columns. Inside the third column, he has multiple bullet lists, but needs to break them up, with spaces between them, but, whenever he puts in a manual space, he breaks the table. When he uses double-backslash, the bullet lists don't separate, but the table is ok.

The idea is to get the If parts to line up...we have tried {html} macros etc.

Here's the page source (obfuscated, duh):

*Dutyboard*: When making changes to a record in TBLCHICKENSALAD, the previous information must be written to TBLCHEESE_HISTORY.

|| Column || Value Description || Change to Value ||
| AREA_ID | Represents the Area the shoe was worn | set to value from PITA_ID in TBLCHICKENSALAD record \\ |
| TASK_TYPE | Type of duty performed | If STATUS in TBLCHICKENSALAD equals 'OP' then:\\
* Lookup LOTTERYNUMBERS in TBLTEMPOFFICERWORKER and obtain CURJOB, and
* Convert CURJOB to series number by concatenating 'AT' + the hundreds value (e.g. 113 would be 100)
* Lookup the PROJECT_CODE matching to the derived Series and the STATUS to the corresponding referenced codes below to the CRUTCHES
* Set to CRUTCHES associated with PROJECT_CODE\\
{html}<p><p>{html}\\
If STATUS in TBLCHICKENSALAD equals 'SN' then:
* Lookup LOTTERYNUMBERS in TBLTEMPOFFICERWORKER and obtain CURJOB, and
* Convert CURJOB to series number by concatenating 'AT' + the hundreds value (e.g. 113 would be 100)
* Lookup the PROJECT_CODE matching to the derived Series and the STATUS to the corresponding referenced codes below to the ART_DUTY_LIST
* Set to ART_DUTY_LIST associated with PROJECT_CODE\\

(Sorry, I can't get this editor to do a {code}, I don't get it, sorry, pretend its formatted)

Thanks in advance!

G.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2012

Hi,

this works:

* Lookup
\\
\\
* Convert

Best regards

Thomas

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

I can't get that to work on this side...I tried it with Firefox (several) and its broken the same as our standard IE8. Thanks for the tip though!

Here's what it looks like, including the source.

mennobb-admin April 7, 2015

This is how you do it: | * Eat fish, \\ * Drink beer, \\ * Visit www.appwards.nl |

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events