Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Syntax error in Header

alex winiger October 30, 2017

Hi

I updated the the header section of the Custom HTML option in the admin section.

Insert Custom HTML.jpg

The code I inserted was:

<script>jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery(".external-link").attr("target", "_blank");
});

The problem is that I forgot thew closing tag </script>. And now all code following that code, means the BODY is not displayed in the browser. Only an empty page is shown.

view source code.jpg

Question:

As I can not login anymore, I need to change / backout the code on file server. Any idea where I can do that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hope you have already fond some solution, if not here a few options to fix it:

Hard way

Available only if you have RW access to the DB. You should try to find where Custom HTML stores their configuration and clear it using SQL.

More simpler way

1. Open Custom HTML edit page in Chrome browser directly "%your_host%/admin/editcustomhtml.action"

2. You will see blank page :) It is OK. Open developer toolbox (F12 hotkey)

3. Find a place with your broken <script> tags and cut everytning from <body> tag and put it to real <body> tag of the page.

4. You will be able to see Login window. Fill your user name and password.

5. Page will be updated and now you are athenticated, but still see nothing. 

6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to see Custom HTML edit window. Delete broken tags. Save it.

alex winiger October 31, 2017

Hi Domenico

Thanks for your help! Although I already found a different solution

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/unable-to-use-confluence-upon-adding-some-customizations-in-custom-html-648218529.html?_ga=2.159195130.191219446.1509349175-1730866595.1495439074

Nevertheless in my opinion it is not state of the art not to have a basic tag validator for such options. Atlassian should solve this really quick.

But again thanks Domenico!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events