Confluence Service Keeps Stopping

Audra April 10, 2017

Some time over the weekend, our Confluence service started experiencing issues. The service itself is continually stopped and, despite trying to manually start it, just continues to keep stopping itself after a couple seconds.

I've already tried following the directions I found in the Knowledge Base here, with no success.

No changes have been made since it was working on Friday to the server running Confluence or to the service itself.

I am not certain if it will be any help, but checking the latest Catalina log provided this information:

10-Apr-2017 00:00:20.571 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-2] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcher] in context with path [/synchrony-proxy] threw exception [Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.springframework.web.method.annotation.ExceptionHandlerMethodResolver] with root cause

and the latest Confluence log provided this information:

10-Apr-2017 11:47:52.645 SEVERE [Standalone-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal A child container failed during start
 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Standalone].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/wiki]]

My knowledge of Confluence is very basic, so please let me know if there's any better ways to provide more information to help you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

I think we need to see more of the log - what does that say is preventing it from starting?

Audra April 10, 2017
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Standalone].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/wiki]]
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:153)
 ... 6 more
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot@5010dc49]
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:153)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:4958)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5088)
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
 ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The main resource set specified [D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\webapps\..\wiki] is not valid
 at org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot.createMainResourceSet(StandardRoot.java:723)
 at org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot.startInternal(StandardRoot.java:684)
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
 ... 9 more

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events